David Ramos - Getty Images
Today well-known football journalist Graham Hunter shares his views on the Messi-Villa "incident" that took place before halftime in the game against Granada. And once again talks about Neymar joining Barcelona intensify.
On the messy Messi-Villa incident - Graham Hunter - ESPNFC
Another question, altogether, is the news that on enquiring about buying Neymar, Paris St. Germain was told by Santos that the Brazilian prodigy is heading for Barcelona, probably next season. Messi, Villa, Pedro, Alexis Sanchez, Cristian Tello, Isaac Cuenca -- and Fabregas! -- plus Neymar is what the Spanish call "overbooking."
Barcelona president confirms interest in Xavi contract renewal - ESPNFC
"We would like him to hang up his boots with the club," Rosell told reporters Tuesday night in New York while attending philanthropic activities. "He is a historic players who is going to meet all participation records."
Neymar to join Barcelona next summer – report - Sambafoot.com
Neymar recently admitted that he would like to move to Europe after his contract with Santos expires in the summer of 2014, but according to Sport, the Brazil international will join Barcelona next summer. The Spanish newspaper claims that Barca president Sandro Rossell has negotiated a deal with Santos where the Brazilian club would be forced to pay a fine of €40 million if Neymar moved elsewhere.
Dani Alves: I'm looking forward to seeing Messi & Neymar together at Barcelona - Goal.com
"I hope that the Neymar-saga will end soon and that the outcome will be satisfying for everyone," Dani Alves stated to RAC1. "I am looking forward to seeing Neymar and Messi play together. He would fit in very well. Barcelona will arguably have the two best attackers in the world with him."
Alex Song: I joined Barcelona to win trophies - ESPNFC
"It was difficult to convince [Arsene Wenger] and also to say goodbye, as he helped me and my family a lot when I arrived at Arsenal aged 17. But when you love Barca, you cannot say no. A train like this only passes once in a lifetime and you must catch it."
Bartra: I have no intention to leave Barcelona - Goal.com
"I have only just begun and I have no intention of leaving the club just yet," the defender was quoted as saying by AS. "I am happy, I play in the best team in the world and the only thing I have to do is train well and wait for my opportunity. I need to react to this, train harder and if I do I will get games."
Kaka starts in Di Stefano tribute | Football Espana
The former Ballon d'Or winner hasn't featured for Los Blancos since pre-season, when he was close to a return to ex-employers Milan, before talks fell through. But he will be given a run out tonight when Real host Millionaros at the Bernabeu in a match designed to honour Alfredo Di Stefano, who played for both clubs.
Falcao fit for Atletico's rearranged trip to Betis - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
The Colombia striker, trailing only Barcelona's Lionel Messi in La Liga's scoring charts with five goals from four games, picked up the injury after netting a penalty against Valladolid on Sunday and had to be substituted. "In principle, everything is fine for Falcao to play," Simeone told a news conference as he included him in the squad.
Radamel Falcao transfer: Chelsea line up £45m bid for Atletico Madrid star | The Sun
Preliminary discussions have already taken place about a January move for the Atletico Madrid goal machine. And Blues owner Roman Abramovich has given the green light to a formal bid after watching Falcao destroy his team in last month’s UEFA Super Cup.
Sevilla favourites return for charity match | Football Espana
The match, organised by UNICEF and the Kanoute Foundation - a charity ran by former Sevilla player Frederic Kanoute – was played in order to raise funds to aid children living in the Malian capital Bamako. The Sevilla side featured current Rojiblancos players and also teammates of Kanoute from the UEFA Cup winning glory years, including Andreas Hinkel, Diego Capel and Ivica Dragutinovic.
Malaga target Isco contract extension - Goal.com
Malaga have announced their intention to hand Isco an improved contract, as they fear that his €21 million buy-out clause may soon be met by a rival club. The 20-year-old only arrived at La Rosaleda last summer from Valencia, but has already garnered the interest from Tottenham and other sides, as their sporting director Mario Husillos has revealed.