After securing eight wins from their opening eight matches, FC Barcelona have a chance to make history tonight, as another win against lowly CA Osasuna will match the best-ever start to a La Liga season set by Real Madrid in 1968. Given that Barcelona's club captain Carles Puyol is tipped to make his long-awaited return from injury along with four-time Ballon d'Or winner, Lionel Messi, the Blaugrana are heavy favourites for tonight's match -- but as Pep Guardiola will attest, a trip to Pamplona can be dangerous for a complacent team.
Regardless of their current form, Barca will have to work hard for these three points -- and that's a difficult position to be in, especially with this match in such close proximity to both a draining international break, and a crucial double-header with AC Milan and Real Madrid. Instead of conserving energy and recovering from their globe-trotting schedule, the Barcelona squad will have to fit tough and nail to preserve their 100% record -- and retain top spot ahead of Atletico Madrid.
Los Colchoneros face a tricky trip to Catalunya tonight where they will face Espanyol -- but their hosts have slipped to three successive defeats and as a result Diego Simeone's side are tipped to keep up the pace at the top of the table.
Can Barcelona preserve energy for the Clasico and still return home with the three points tonight? Predict the score of tonight's match by commenting below to be in with a chance of winning a brand-new Barcelona jersey at the season's end. Best of luck!
More from Barca Blaugranes:
- La Liga: CA Osasuna vs FC Barcelona: Full Match Coverage
- La Liga: CA Osasuna vs FC Barcelona: Match Preview
- FC Barcelona News: 18 October 2013; Carles Puyol Declared Fit After 220 Days, La Liga to Restart Tomorrow
- FC Barcelona News: 17 October 2013; Barça Internationals Return, Several La Liga Kickoff Dates Announced
- Report: Mats Hummels Agrees to Join FC Barcelona from Borussia Dortmund