While many of FC Barcelona's squad were in action last night for the Catalunya national team in what was an eventual 4-1 win for the home side, Barcelona full-back Adriano Correia was at the Santiago Bernabeu, taking part in a special charity match. This match, billed as "Champions for Life", was arranged to support victims of the recent typhoon in the Philippines and to fund football projects organised by the RFEF.
In that sense, the match was a huge success, raising over €550,000 and the 42,000 spectators at the Bernabeu were treated to a sensational evening of football. 66 players took part from clubs all across Spain, in a match that ended 8-6 to the East -- who were initially led by Barcelona's very own Adriano.
Relive the full match above, and keep your eyes peeled for an incredible strike from Alvaro Morata.
- Report: FC Barcelona Poised To Announce Signing Of Marc-Andre ter Stegen
- FC Barcelona News: 31 December 2013; Oier Olazabal Out for Four to Six Weeks, Catalonia Beat Cape Verde
- Friendly: Catalonia vs. Cape Verde Live Game Thread
- FC Barcelona News: 30 December 2013; Catalan National Team in Action Today, Spain Based Players Return to Barcelona
- FC Barcelona News: 29 December 2013; Study Shows Barça the Most Liked Foreign Team in Brazil