Neymar signs contract with FC Barcelona, set to stay through 2018 | FC Barcelona
Neymar da Silva Junior became an official player of FC Barcelona at 18.08 this afternoon. Nine days after the deal between Barça, Santos and Neymar became public, this Monday, June 3, the player signed his contract which will keep him at the Club through June 30, 2018.
The Camp Nou welcomes its new idol, Neymar da Silva Junior | FC Barcelona
Neymar da Silva donned the Balugrana strip for the first time as he trotted out onto the pitch of the Camp Nou for the first time. After a frantic and intense day, the player finally got to meet the FC Barcelona fans at 18.35. 56,500 fans greeted the Brazilian star with a lot of enthusiasm when they saw his for the first time.
Bartomeu: "Neymar cost 57 million euros" | FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona vice-president, Josep Maria Bartomeu explained the cost to acquire the services of Neymar da Silva Junior for the next five seasons. FC Barcelona will pay a total of 57 million euros for the Brazilian star, which will be distributed among three companies (DISC, TEISA, N&N) and Santos FC, Neymar’s old Club.
Neymar da Silva passes medical | FC Barcelona
After the Brazilian star passed the battery of medical tests at l’Hospital de Barcelona, he made his way to the Medical Centre at the Ciutat Esportiva, where he underwent another series of tests: electrocardiogram, anthropometry, stress tests and ultrasounds of his muscles and tendons.
Andrés Iniesta: "It's great news that FC Barcelona signed Neymar" | FC Barcelona
This morning, Andrés Iniesta welcomed Neymar to FC Barcelona. The midfielder believes that "it’s great news" that the team will be able to call on the Brazilian next season: "he’s come to the best possible place. He’ll be surrounded with players who will make him even better."
334 accredited members of the press attend Neymar's presentation at the Camp Nou | FC Barcelona
A total of 334 members of the press corps have received accreditation for Neymar Jr’s presentation as an FC Barcelona player. Reporters, photographers, television crews and technicians, representing 122 press outlets from 15 countries, are currently at the Camp Nou for the big event.
FC Barcelona: Individual stats from 2012/13 league season | FC Barcelona
Leo Messi, top scorer: The Argentinian was far and away the top goalscorer this season with 46, an average of one every 60 minutes. He was followed by Cesc Fàbregas (11), David Villa (10), Alexis (8), Pedro (7) and Tello (7).
Roma reject €20m Madrid bid | Football Espana
La Gazetta dello Sport claims Roma have turned down a €20m offer from Real Madrid for defender Marquinhos. The 19-year-old Brazilian centre-back signed for the Serie A club from Corinthians before the start of last season and has forged a burgeoning reputation at the Stadio Olimpico since then.
Rayo Vallecano striker Leo Baptistao heading to Atletico Madrid | Sky Sports
The 20-year-old Brazilian has signed a five-year contract and will complete his move to the Estadio Vicente Calderon when the transfer window opens on July 1. Baptistao scored seven goals in 28 league appearances for Rayo in the 2012-13 campaign, playing his part as Atletico's city rivals secured eighth place in the Primera Division table.
Atletico Madrid winger Arda Turan set to stay amid Premier League links | Sky Sports
"I am going to stay with Atletico," Turan told reporters. Atletico's successful season in the Spanish league has seen them qualify again for the Champions League and that has persuaded Turan to stay put. "I cried for five minutes after the final game of the season because it was like being in another dimension," he continued.
Malaga to name square after popular Pellegrini - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
The square, near Malaga's Rosasleda stadium, will be officially named at a ceremony on Thursday, the authority said in a brief statement on its Twitter feed . Chilean Pellegrini, awarded a gold medal by the Costa del Sol city last month, remains hugely popular with the Malaga fans despite deciding to move on.
Sevilla confirm Navas heading to Man City - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
"Sevilla FC has accepted the English club's offer, taking into account the wishes of the player, who will have to pass a medical," Sevilla said on their website. "Navas ... wants to continue his successful sporting career in English football, more precisely at a club at which he can continue to develop as a footballer, as he has publicly stated on various occasions in recent months," they added.
Cicinho to miss pre-season - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
The 26-year-old, who impressed in his debut season with the Andalucians having signed from Palmeiras last summer, has been confirmed by his club as having partially torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Picking up the injury on the last day of the season in Sevilla’s 4-3 win over Valencia, Cicinho is set for an initial three-week lay-off and then tests to evaluate his course of treatment, be it conservative or surgical.