Every reign, no matter how successful has to start somewhere. A La Liga title, the UEFA Champions League; even the Copa del Rey. Or, in Gerardo Martino's case, what we hope will be a Supercopa de España win. Kicking off his reign in style with a 7-0 thumping of lowly Levante, Martino's Barcelona have laboured to a 1-1 draw and a 1-0 win in their last two appearances, and will be hoping that the familiar surroundings at the Camp Nou will enable them to put in another top-class display. Maybe not 7-0, but certainly a little better than a 1-1 draw.
Really, I would settle for a dull 1-0 win any day of the week; while I'd love to see a Manita, it just isn't realistic -- sometimes you have to take what you can get, no matter how unspectacular it may seem. Patience truly is a virtue in football, and you'll find that success will taste that much sweeter once you've waited, and earned it.
Just ask Neymar. He's had to settle for a place on the bench in recent weeks, and when he finally laces up his boots in a starting position, it's going to be just a little more memorable. Having bided his time, maybe Neymar will start tonight and will be raring to grab himself a goal to commemorate the occasion?
No matter how you see tonight's game going, predict the score in the comments section below to be in with a chance of winning at the season's end. Best of luck!
More from Barca Blaugranes:
- Supercopa de España: FC Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid: Match Preview
- FC Barcelona, Neymar and Learning From Past Mistakes
- FC Barcelona News: 27 August 2013; Lionel Messi Resumes Training, Adriano Correia Doubtful for Wednesday
- From The Mind of Xoel: Málaga 0-1 Barça
- FC Barcelona News: 26 August 2013; Tata Martino Admits Lack of Effectiveness, Preparations Begin for Supercopa