Luis Aragonés dies | FC Barcelona
Luis Aragonés passed away this Saturday morning in Madrid. He was 75 years old. The ‘wise man of Hortaleza’ was manager of FC Barcelona from the 5th match of the 1987/88 season in replacement for Englishman Terry Venables. Previously, he had managed Atlético Madrid (1974-80 and 1982-87) and Betis (1981-82).
Martino senses improvements at Valencia | FC Barcelona
Saturday’s visitors to the Camp Nou are Valencia, who have not won any of their last five league matches. However, Gerardo Martino feels that "the Valencia team has unquestionably changed for the better. They had a good cup tie with Atlético Madrid and played well against Malaga. They are going from less to more."
18 named to face Valencia | FC Barcelona
Tata Martino has named 18 players for Saturday’s game against Valencia at the Camp Nou (16.00). He has recovered all of Xavi, Sergio Busquets and Dani Alves but left out Afellay, Puyol, Cuenca and Montoya, as well as the injured Neymar, Dos Santos and Oier.
FC Barcelona v Valencia: Did you know... | FC Barcelona
Juan Antonio Pizzi is back at the Camp Nou as Valencia manager, As an FCB player he faced Valencia six times, winning four games, drawing one and losing one. He started all those FC Barcelona games with Valencia on the bench, and came as a sub in three of them, totally 79 minutes.
FC Barcelona deny offer to renew Valdés' contract | FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona wishes to make it clear that there is no truth in the news broadcast on Radio Marca that an offer has been made to extend Víctor Valdés’ contract in an attempt to persuade him to stay. The Club fully respects the player’s decision to leave and once again expresses its gratitude for the commitment and professionalism that the goalkeeper shows every day
Five years since FC Barcelona's 5,000th league goals | FC Barcelona
February 1 marks the anniversary of the 5,000th FC Barcelona league goal. The scorer was Leo Messi at El Sardinero, who scored both goals in a 2-1 win against Racing Santander. It was the second that completed the comeback in a game FCB had started losing, and which signified the historic landmark.
The FC Barcelona past of Juan Antonio Pizzi | FC Barcelona
Juan Antonio Pizzi will be back at the Camp Nou on Saturday. As a player, he signed for Barça in 1996 from Tenerife, where he had been top goalscorer in the league, and following naturalisation as a Spaniard, he had won a place in the Spanish national team. Bobby Robson was in his first season in charge at FCB, and Pizza was to pair up with superstar signing Ronaldo.
Florentino Perez unveils plans for 'intelligent' new Bernabeu - ESPN FC
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has said the proposed 400 million euro redevelopment of the Santiago Bernabeu will give the club "the best stadium in the world"’ when it is completed in 2017. At a press conference at Real’s home on Friday, Perez said the competition to design the new ground had been won by a partnership between German firm GMP Architekten and Catalan company L35 Ribas.
Atletico Madrid agree a deal to bring Diego back to club | Sky Sports
Diego, who helped Atletico win the Europa League during his previous spell in Spain during the 2011/12 season, is to return to the Rojiblancos until the end of the season, subject to a successful medical. The 28-year-old playmaker recently said he was committed to staying with Wolfsburg until his contract with the Bundesliga club ran out in the summer, but he was unable to turn down the chance to go back to Madrid.
Atletico loan Guilavogui back to Saint-Etienne - Goal.com
Atletico Madrid have loaned Josuha Guilavogui back to Saint-Etienne after the defensive midfielder failed to make an impact at the Vicente Calderon this season. He signed a five-year contract with the Rojiblancos on September 2 last year, for an estimated €10 million, but has not started a single game under Diego Simeone.
Inigo Perez has returned to parent club Athletic Bilbao and ended his loan at Real Mallorca due to a stress issue. - ESPN FC
The 26-year-old central midfielder joined Mallorca on loan last August in a move that was set to expire in June. However, Perez had not trained with Mallorca this week., and Athletic confirmed on their official website that they brought him back to San Mames on Friday.
Real Sociedad snap up Valencia's Sergio Canales - ESPN FC
The 22-year-old former Real Madrid playmaker has agreed a four-and-a-half year contract with the Basque club and will be presented at the start of next week. No fee has been confirmed but reports suggest Sociedad could pay up to 4.5 million euros for Canales, who was once regarded as one of Spain's top prospects but has seen his progressed checked by injury.
Valencia sign Senderos & Araujo - Goal.com
Valencia have announced the signings of Philippe Senderos and Vinicius Araujo, as well as the departure of Ever Banega. Swiss international Senderos arrives at Mestalla from Fulham on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee, while Araujo, a 20-year-old striker, has joined Los Che from Brazilian outfit Cruzeiro on a free transfer.
Valencia send Ever Banega to Newell's Old Boys | Sky Sports
Newell's Old Boys have announced the loan signing of Argentina international Ever Banega from Valencia. Rosario-born Banega had been linked with a move to the Premier League during the January transfer window with Manchester United and Sunderland reportedly on his trail, but he has opted to join his hometown club Newell's.
Celta Vigo continue revival | Sky Sports Football
Gustavo Cabral's 28th-minute opener for Celta was cancelled out by Youssef El Arabi just before the break but the visitors would be denied as Fernandez netted the decider two minutes from time. That gave Celta a third win in four league matches this month, lifting them up to 11th place on 25 points - one place and one point above Granada, who have now lost four of their last six.
Thievy Bifouma signs for West Brom on loan - ESPN FC
Espanyol striker Thievy Bifouma has joined West Brom on loan for the rest of the season. The France under-21 international, who can play wide or up front had been tracked by the club for a while and the new boss Pepe Mel said earlier on deadline day: "Today is a long day. At the moment there is no news but I hope for at least one more player.
Racing Santander banned from 2014-15 Copa del Rey over boycott - ESPN FC
Racing Santander's boycott of a Copa del Rey quarterfinal over unpaid wages caused the third-tier Spanish club to be banned from the domestic cup tournament for one season. Racing Santander coach Paco Fernandez says his side sacrificed the opportunity to play in one of the biggest games of their lives in order to stand up for what they believed in when they refused to take part in Thursday's Copa del Rey quarterfinal second leg at home to Real Sociedad.