clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

FC Barcelona News: 21 June 2011; Messi Brilliant Against Albania, Bolton Make Thiago Bid

Just another day in the office - goal and two assists
Just another day in the office - goal and two assists

Barcelona: Fabregas 'not worth £35m' | Eurosport
"He (Cesc) is doing everything he can to come (here). "Guardiola knows the values of players and Cesc's is less than €40m. Barcelona will offer less and if they (Arsenal) don't accept, then he won't come. Pep knows the club is not well-off in terms of money."

Messi show dismantles Albania | Eurosport
Barcelona star Lionel Messi created two goals and scored one in between as Argentina romped to a 4-0 win over Albania at the Monumental in their last warm-up for next month's Copa America. Defender Javier Zanetti won an Argentine record 140th cap in the match, which his team controlled at will against mediocre opponents.

Bolton transfer news: Wanderers bidding £7million for Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara | People
Bolton boss Owen Coyle is making a stunning £7million swoop for Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara. But the crucial factor in Bolton’s offer will be a buy-back clause that will give the European ­champions the option of taking Alcantara, 20, back to Spain in a few years.

Barca close on Sanchez switch | Sky Sports
Udinese's Spanish representative Quique Pina has been involved with the negotiations and revealed a deal has almost been struck for the 22-year-old. "It's 80% done and the other 20% is what's to be ironed out." Pina confirmed that the two clubs are set to agree a cash-plus-player deal, with Barca's Spain Under-21 forward Jeffren Suarez thought to be heading to Italy.

Will Alexis Sanchez be a Lionel Messi or a Keirrison? The South American forwards who starred at Barcelona & those who flopped | Goal
Udinese's Chilean sensation has captivated fans worldwide with his array of tricks and astonishing skills. On paper, he seems the perfect fit for Pep Guardiola's Barcelona side. But for every Ronaldinho and Lionel Messi, there's a Keirrison and Geovanni. Which end of the spectrum will Sanchez fall into?

Barça’s pre-season rivals: Hajduk Split (I) | FCBarcelona
Hajduk Split will be Barça’s first opponents this summer as the European Champions take part in the Croatian team’s centenary celebrations. Hadjuk finished second behind Dynamo Zagreb in the Croatian League last season and will have their big new signing, the Bulgarian coach Krassimir Balakov –ex teammate of Hristo Stoichkov – in charge for the match.

Barça’s preseason rivals (II): Internacional Porto Alegre |FCBarcelona
After playing Hajduk Split of Croatia, FC Barcelona will play their second preseason game at the Allianz Arena in Munich against Brazilian outfit Internacional Porto Alegre on July 26. The game will be one of the semi finals of the Audi Cup 2011, which also involves Bayern Munich and AC Milan.

Getafe snap up Lacen | LFP
Getafe have officially confirmed that they have agreed terms with Mehdi Lacen, who has signed for the 'Azulones' from Racing de Santander for the next four years. Lacen has been playing in Spain since the 2005-2006 season.

Join Barca Blaugranes and become members of our website or participate in our chat room on the front page. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Follow me on Twitter @bcernensek

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Barca Blaugranes Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of Barca news from Barca Blaugranes