clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

FC Barcelona News: 2 January 2012; Puyol and Iniesta Return to Training, Tello Not Leaving on Loan

Alexis Sanchez still has a lot to learn.
Alexis Sanchez still has a lot to learn.

Iniesta, Puyol, Keita and Alves back for first training session of the year | FC Barcelona
There was a positive start to the New Year for Pep Guardiola, as he welcomed back Iniesta, Puyol, Keita and Alves to training after for various reasons they'd all missed the New Year's Eve session. A total of 19 players took part in training -17 from the first team squad and two from Barça B - Montoya and Cuenca.

Sanchez looking forward | Sky Sports
The 23-year-old Chile international moved to Camp Nou from Udinese last summer in a €26 million deal after five successful years in Serie A. He has made 12 appearances for the Catalan giants so far this season, scoring five goals - four of those coming in his last three appearances. Sanchez, though, is remaining grounded and insists he still has a lot of developing to do at Barca.

Thiago: "The challenge is to progress" | FC Barcelona
Thiago is a nonconformist. "On a personal level, my challenge for 2012 is to continue progressing and to keep on learning from my teammates. On a collective level, we want to continue along the same lines that we’ve set for ourselves in recent times, which have been fabulous." The midfielder didn’t rule out the possibility of winning another treble, although he did say that "it would be a difficult feat."

Barca reject Betis move for Tello - Soccerway
Barcelona have turned down a loan offer from fellow La Liga outfit Betis for promising youngster Cristian Tello. Tello is a product of the Barcelona youth academy and returned to Camp Nou in mid-2010 after two years with Espanyol.

Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho clarifies comments on England return - ESPN Soccernet
Former Chelsea boss Mourinho talked about a possible return to the Premier League in a "couple of years" during a BBC interview earlier this week, but in clarifying those comments Mourinho was adamant that he did not mean he was looking to leave Madrid any time soon.

Higuain agent cools Blues talk | Sky Sports
The Argentina international is contracted in Madrid until June 2016 but recent reports suggested he could be on the move in January. However the 24-year-old's agent, Jorge Higuain, has dismissed talk of him leaving the Primera Liga giants. "Nobody at Real Madrid has said anything about wanting to sell Gonzalo and he doesn't have any intention of leaving," Higuain senior told La Stampa.

Reyes requests Sevilla move - Yahoo! Eurosport
Winger Jose Antonio Reyes has told Atletico Madrid's new coach Diego Simeone he wants to return to his boyhood club Sevilla.The 27-year-old former Arsenal player, a Seville native, told As sports daily on Sunday he had decided to leave even though Simeone was counting on him and added that his father's health had been a factor in his decision to seek a move.

Malaga winger Joaquin out for a month with thigh injury - ESPN Soccernet
Joaquin complained of pain on Friday morning after playing in Thurday's Champions for Africa benefit match and, after undergoing tests, it was confirmed the former Spain international would be absent for at least the next month.

Jimenez calls for Zaragoza reinforcements - Yahoo! Eurosport
Real Zaragoza's new coach Manolo Jimenez wants the cash-strapped club to find the money to buy players in the January transfer window as he begins the task of helping La Liga's bottom side avoid relegation. "Of course, I have asked for signings," the former Sevilla boss said at his first news conference since his appointment on Saturday to replace the sacked Javier Aguirre.

Follow Barca Blaugranes on your preferred social network:


Follow me on:

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Barca Blaugranes Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of Barca news from Barca Blaugranes