For the third year in succession, Lionel Messi has been named amongst the final three nominations for the upcoming UEFA Best Player in Europe Award, and will be hoping to reclaim his title, having lost out last season to FC Barcelona teammate, Andres Iniesta. Unfortunately, Andres Iniesta is not in the running to retain his title; his place has been taken by UEFA Champions League winner Franck Ribery. Cristiano Ronaldo is the final player nominated for this prestigious award, and the Portuguese winger (who has yet to commit to a new deal at the Santiago Bernabeu with Real Madrid) will be keen to improve upon his two third-place finishes.
UEFA also revealed the rest of the top ten, and the results are listed below:
More from Barca Blaugranes:
- FC Barcelona News: 6 August 2013; Barca Train in Bangkok, Thailand, Neymar Feeling Better
- FC Barcelona 2012/13 Season in Review: Pedro
- Gerardo "Tata" Martino Has FC Barcelona Practicing Defending Counterattacks
- FC Barcelona News: 5 August 2013; Barça Conclude Peace Tour, Arrive in Thailand, Neymar Diagnosed with Anemia
- What are the Realistic Expectations for the Upcoming Season?