There's no clear "villain" in Barcelona's loss to Paris Saint-Germain, the first of this season. But perhaps one of the worst performers of the night was Dani Alves, who was completely lost on offense, and especially on defense. The first goal is basically his fault, after he lost the ball close to the box and committed the foul that immediately led to PSG's opening score.
He knows he was off last night, but he thinks the whole team can learn from the loss.
"These losses make you better. You have to make mistakes to grow up. I'm sure this result will help us get stronger when the games matter the most. We don't need to change our idea or philosophy. We made mistakes, sure. We need to correct them and move forward.
Tonight, we definitely had problems with the set pieces again. They scored two goals that way. We also lacked control of the actions, which is one of our main qualities. We need to get back to that. Our ideas can't change because of one single result. We'll get better with this loss."
We certainly hope so, Dani. If you play like that again, we're in trouble.
- PSG 3-2 Barça: FC Barcelona Loses Their First Match of the Season
- Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 Barcelona: Full highlights
- UEFA Champions League: Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 FC Barcelona: Match Review
- UEFA Champions League: Paris Saint-Germain vs FC Barcelona: Live Game Thread
- FC Barcelona News: 30 September 2014; Barça Train at Parc des Princes, Ready to Continue Champions League Campaign