Good news and bad news for Luis Enrique in terms of injured players.
Jordi Masip has been given the medical green light and is totally recovered from the right little finger fracture he suffered last month.
Official announcement from Barça here:
Jordi Masip has finally been declared fit to play. The 25-year-old keeper fractured his right little finger four weeks ago, but is now fully recovered and available for selection by Luis Enrique.
Having all three goalkeepers is good, especially now that Ter Stegen is under some scrutiny after the bad performance against PSG. Masip has potential, and maybe he could play Copa del Rey and smaller Liga games to get more experience.
Now, the bad news. Well, sort of bad news.
Rafinha, despite not yet having been declared fully recovered from injury, was nevertheless able to train normally.
Rafinha Alcântara trained normally on Wednesday, but he's not fit yet. Which is bad, because Rafinha is an important piece of Luis Enrique's plans. We still have two days until the next match, against Rayo Vallecano, so maybe he could play on Saturday. We'll keep an eye on it.
- Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 FC Barcelona: Tactical Review
- FC Barcelona News: 1 October 2014; Barça Defeated by Paris Saint-Germain, Xavi Sets Champions League Record
- Mascherano and Rakitic are clearly disappointed with PSG loss
- Iniesta: PSG made us pay for our mistakes
- Luis Enrique: I am the person responsible for this defeat