It's El Clásico day! This Saturday, Real Madrid and Barcelona square off for the first time this season, in a much anticipated contest to be held at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium in the Spanish capital. Because of the magnitude of a game like this, you've got to have the best guys available. And that's what happened to coach Luis Enrique.
The Barça boss had all players in his roster ready for selection, and he named the eighteen guys he feels are the most adequate for the game against the club's biggest rival. Among the players named, there's Luis Suárez. Enrique confirmed that the Uruguay striker will play against Madrid, so the debut of the biggest transfer of the season for Barça is a lock.
Whether he's going to start or not, that's another story. "That's the million-dollar question", Enrique said. All the media outlets covering Barça are divided. But they're not the coach, so we can't know for sure if Suárez will be on the pitch by the time the first whistle is heard. We'll have to wait.
Right now, what we do know is which 18 guys have been named by the coach to form the squad. They are:
1. Ter Stegen, 13. Bravo, 3. Gerard Piqué, 4. Ivan Rakitic, 5. Sergio Busquets, 6. Xavi, 7. Pedro Rodríguez, 8. Andrés Iniesta, 9. Luis Suárez, 10. Lionel Messi, 11. Neymar, 14. Javier Mascherano, 15. Marc Bartra, 18. Jordi Alba, 20. Sergi Roberto, 22. Dani Alves, 24. Jérémy Mathieu, 31. Munir El-Haddadi
Expected Starting Lineup (4-3-3):
Bravo; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Mathieu; Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Neymar
The game starts at 18:00 CET, and you can follow all the action right here, at BB. Visca el Barça!
- La Liga El Clasico: Real Madrid CF vs FC Barcelona: Predict the Score
- El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona Full Match Coverage
- La Liga Picks: Jornada 9
- FC Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: La Liga Clasico Match Preview
- Special Extended El Clásico Edition: Jornada 9 – Real Madrid CF Scouting Report & Key Battles