Barcelona are banned from doing any transfers until January of 2016. That won't stop the club from looking for new players to join the squad once the ban is over and the team is finally able to sell and buy new people.
According to multiple reports from Catalunya, and as sources told Barça Blaugranes, Andoni Zubizarreta, the club's sporting director, has sent his scouting staff to France, and they have been looking at Toulouse star Wissam Ben Yedder. Barça scouts have watched him for a month now, including his impeccable performance against Paris Saint-Germain, in which he scored a goal and raised hell against PSG's shaky defense.
The 24-year-old forward has been catching the eyes of European clubs for a couple of years now, and last season was definitely his best. Yedder can play as an 'eight', a 'ten', or even the main striker, his current role at Toulouse. That versatility is what Zubi and his staff love the most, and his wide range of skills is the main reason why he could be a Blaugrana in 2016.
If the interest is real, and Barcelona gets to sign Ben Yedder in two years, the team would take a slow approach with him, putting the player at Barça B for the first season, and then calling him up to the senior squad, depending on his evolution.
"But who the hell is Yedder?", you might ask. In a few days, we have got you covered. Stay tuned.
- Gerard Piqué has no intention whatsoever of leaving Barcelona for Manchester United
- FC Barcelona News: 6 October 2014; International Break Begins, Lionel Messi, Neymar Combination Impressing
- This is what Barcelona's schedule for this week looks like
- Poll: Who is the best Barcelona defender at the start of the season?
- La Liga Standings - Jornada 7