Good news for Marc Bartra.
The 23-year-old Barcelona defender has been called up by Vicente del Bosque in a last-minute decision, and he'll be part of the Spain's National Team that is going to face Slovakia and Luxembourg for the UEFA Euro Cup Qualifiers. Bartra is replacing Sergio Ramos, who was diagnosed with a calf issue in his right leg during Monday's training session with La Roja.
Bartra is now the sixth Barça player representing Spain's NT on this international break. Another Blaugrana right-back, Gerard Piqué, returns to the squad, and he might get to be a starter after Ramos' injury.
Here's the complete list of Del Bosque's team:
Midfielders: Iturraspe (Athletic Bilbao), Sergio Busquets (Barça), Koke (At. Madrid), Iniesta (Barça), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Cesc Fàbregas (Chelsea), Rodrigo (Valencia), Juan Bernat (Bayern Munich), David Silva (Manchester City), Raúl García (At. Madrid)
Forwards: Pedro (Barça), Paco Alcácer (Valencia), Diego Costa (Chelsea)
Spain faces Slovakia on Thursday, and takes on Luxembourg three days later.
- What is wrong with Andrés Iniesta?
- Barcelona have their eyes set on Wissam Ben Yedder for 2016
- Gerard Piqué has no intention whatsoever of leaving Barcelona for Manchester United
- FC Barcelona News: 6 October 2014; International Break Begins, Lionel Messi, Neymar Combination Impressing
- This is what Barcelona's schedule for this week looks like