Clasico aside, FC Barcelona face what is likely to be their toughest test of the La Liga season so far, as they travel north to take on Valencia CF at the Mestalla. Flying high up in fourth place, Los Che have started the campaign well under the guidance of new manager and previous "unknown", Nuno Espirito Santo. Through 12 matches in total, and six at home, Valencia boast the best home record in the league with five wins and a draw; can the Blaugrana become the first side to escape the Mestalla with all three points?
It'll be a tough ask, but there is an increasing sense that Barça are well-placed to do just that. Not only are Valencia in something of a slump, but FC Barcelona are in exceptional form -- in their past two fixtures alone, the Blaugrana have scored nine goals and conceded just once. In fact, over their previous 180 minutes of football, Barça have only conceded a single shot on target.
With Lionel Messi currently operating in "God mode", who would bet against the Blaugrana anyway? If we continue on a similar path to what we've seen in the past week, this match, while tough, shouldn't really represent much of a problem for our star-studded squad. However, it's the third match we've played this week; we're travelling to one of the toughest venues in Spanish football...slip-ups can happen.
Predict the score of tonight's La Liga clash between FC Barcelona and Valencia CF by commenting with your prediction below. Best of luck!
- La Liga: Valencia CF vs FC Barcelona: Full Match Coverage
- La Liga: Valencia CF vs FC Barcelona: Match Preview
- FC Barcelona's Next La Liga Opponent: Jornada 13 – Valencia CF Scouting Report & Key Battles
- FC Barcelona News: 29 November 2014; Andres Iniesta Given Medical Clearance, Players Take Part in Team Building Exercise
- FC Barcelona News: 28 November 2014; Xavi, Andres Iniesta Nominated for Award, Thomas Vermaelen Set for Surgery