If Luis Suárez isn't the MVP of the 3-1 win against Paris Saint-Germain, he's definitely in the conversation. The Uruguayan fought hard during the whole game, assisted Lionel Messi's goal that started Barcelona's comeback win, and finally bagged his first score at Camp Nou as a Blaugrana.
After the match, Luisito was complimentary of the team's effort, and El Pistolero was obviously happy with his own participation in the triumph. Here's a few highlights of his answers:
"We had to work as a team and help each other out. That helped us reach our goal and win the game.
"It’s always important for a striker to score goals. It gives you self-confidence and you can feel good about having helped the team to take those very important three points.
"[Finishing at the top of the group] means that you know you can feel more comfortable going into the second leg of the next round, knowing you are playing at home. This was also important for the Club’s image - we are very demanding here and we had to show everyone who we are.
"You could see then that that were a very well set up collective, with a lot of pace upfront and in tonight’s game that played the same way. The difference was that we took the game forward after the break and were able to build on our lead.
"If you want to win the Champions League, all of your opponents are difficult and tough to beat!".
- Luis Suárez: "We are very demanding here"
- FC Barcelona coach Luis Enrique, on win over PSG: 'We played at a very high level'
- UEFA Champions League: FC Barcelona 3-1 Paris Saint-Germain: Match Review
- UEFA Champions League: FC Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain: Live Game Thread
- FC Barcelona News: 10 December 2014; Juvenil A Qualify for Next UEFA Youth League Round, Munir El Haddadi Signs New Contract