Sad news after Barcelona's win over PSG. According to the local city's police, two Paris Saint-Germain supporters were stabbed by individuals who could be Barça supporters. One of them is still hospitalized.
Here's the full statement by the Mossos de Esquadra:
"The first incident occurred around 11 p.m. at the surroundings of Camp Nou. A French citizen leaving the stadium was approached at Felipe de Paz street by two individuals dressed in dark outfits and skull caps, who then injured him with a knife. The victim, who was accompanied by other PSG supporters, had to be moved to a hospital, and is still receiving medical attention.
A few minutes later, not too far away from the first incident, another incident was registered. Three young men who were also leaving the stadium were assaulted by multiple individuals. One of the victims was also injured by a knife and had to be moved to a hospital, and has already been discharged."
The police believes that the aggressors are Barcelona fans, and they will finish the investigation in search of the individuals responsible for the attack.
- UEFA Champions League: FC Barcelona 3-1 Paris Saint-Germain: Match Highlights
- Andrés Iniesta: "We put in a pretty complete performance"
- Luis Suárez: "We are very demanding here"
- FC Barcelona coach Luis Enrique, on win over PSG: 'We played at a very high level'
- UEFA Champions League: FC Barcelona 3-1 Paris Saint-Germain: Match Review