Coming off a frustrating 0-0 draw at Getafe, Barcelona captain Xavi Hernández was complimentary of the opponent's defensive commitment, but highlighted that the fault for the disappointing result belongs to the Blaugrana. He also commented on his coach's tactical decisions, as Luis Enrique once again changed both the lineup and the team's configuration on the pitch.
Here's what Xavi had to say after the match:
"When you can't open things up right away the match gets more and more complicated. They got even more defensive as time went on and they showed strength in that aspect. Still, we were able to create many opportunities and our offensive inefficiency eventually hurt us.
"We came here with a nice dynamic and today the ball just didn't want to go in. It's hard to say it but the truth is that we took a step in the wrong direction today.
"The changes depend on what the coach wants and how the opponent is going to play, and the truth is that we are comfortable and able to adapt to any system. We just couldn't convert our chances today, and that is disappointing."
Source: Canal+ via MD
- Bipolar Barcelona Strikes Again! Lucho and The FCB board's Stubbornness Fails Barça
- Getafe 0-0 Barcelona: Tactical Review
- La Liga: Getafe CF 0-0 FC Barcelona: Match Review
- La Liga: Getafe CF vs FC Barcelona: Live Game Thread
- FC Barcelona News: 13 December 2014; Barça Look to Maintain Winning Streak Against Getafe, Neymar Out with Ankle Injury