After a very impressive 8-1 win at Camp Nou against Huesca on Tuesday night, Barcelona have advanced to the Copa Del Rey Round of 16. With many youngsters on the pitch, the Blaugrana were able to completely dominate and destroy the visitors. A hat-trick from Pedro, along with goals from Iniesta, Adriano, Adama Traoré, Sergi Roberto and Sandro gave the 45,000 fans at the stadium a lot of things to be excited about. Despite the weakness of the opponent, it was truly a great performance by Barça.
Naturally, coach Luis Enrique was very happy with his team's performance, and highlighted the good showing by Martín Montoya, who got a chance to play 90 minutes and possibly started to turn things around.
"In terms of defense, we were beasts. We made a few mistakes at the start of the game, but later we were able to control them. Huesca are much better than a regular Segunda B team. It's hard for me to imagine a better match than this, from the attitude to the mentality and their performance.
"Montoya? Any player can turn things around if he wants to. And Montoya did it. Like the rest of the team, he played at a very high level and I'm happy for him.
"I'm proud of them. The team played a truly great match. They were able to make the games a lot easier than they could have been. I'm very happy tonight."
- Lionel Messi Crowned November Player of the Month
- Copa del Rey: FC Barcelona 8-1 SD Huesca: Match Review
- Copa del Rey: FC Barcelona vs SD Huesca: Live Game Thread
- FC Barcelona Squad Named for Second Leg of Copa Del Rey Round of 16
- FC Barcelona News: 16 December 2014; 16 Players in Squad to Face Huesca, Thierry Henry Announces Retirement