It's hard to single out one MVP of the 8-1 Barcelona win over Huesca, but one of the biggest candidates is certainly Rafinha Alcântara. The Brazilian played a beautiful match, showed versatility by playing well both as a winger and a midfielder, and even though he couldn't score, he was a big part of many of the eight goals.
After the match, Rafinha talked about his performance, and he's clearly getting more confident -- which is good not only for him, but for the team as well.
Here's a few highlights of his post-match interview:
"You have to take your chance with every minute you get on the pitch and all of the players did that tonight. The team is playing well and full of confidence and we have to try and go for everything.
"I’m feeling confident – I’m in one of the biggest teams in the world and the most important thing is that I am learning from my teammates and continuing to grow. I’ve always been a midfielder, but I’ve even ended up playing at left back at Barça – the most important thing is to be playing, it doesn’t matter what position.
- Lionel Messi Crowned November Player of the Month
- Copa del Rey: FC Barcelona 8-1 SD Huesca: Match Review
- Copa del Rey: FC Barcelona vs SD Huesca: Live Game Thread
- FC Barcelona Squad Named for Second Leg of Copa Del Rey Round of 16
- FC Barcelona News: 16 December 2014; 16 Players in Squad to Face Huesca, Thierry Henry Announces Retirement