Good news for Barcelona following this Friday's training session. Neymar Jr. took part in practice normally with the squad, and the Brazilian has officially received the medical green light and is ready to return to action.
Here's the news from Barça's website:
Neymar was declared medically fit after Friday's training session and will thus be available for Saturday's clash against Córdoba at Camp Nou. He had been feeling a bit of tenderness in his left ankle and missed the last two matches against Getafe and Huesca.
The injury was not serious by any means, and Neymar could have returned against Huesca, though he wouldn't have played anyway. But, since it's Neymar and he already has a bit of a history of ankle problems, the medical staff decided to be a little extra cautious and give him the green light later than expected.
Neymar is fully available for selection, and it's up to coach Luis Enrique to decide whether or not he'll start the last game of 2014, against Córdoba on Saturday afternoon. The Brazilian has been in spectacular form this season, scoring 11 goals in just 13 appearances in La Liga.
The other injured Brazilian, Dani Alves, hasn't received the green light yet and he is likely to miss the Córdoba match due to a hamstring injury.
- FC Barcelona News: 18 December 2014; Preparations Begin for Last Game of the Calendar Year
- FC Barcelona vs Córdoba CF: Pick The Lineup
- FC Barcelona News: 17 December 2014; Barca Hammer Huesca in Copa del Rey, Javier Mascherano Reaches Milestone
- Adama Traoré: "It's a great feeling to play with the first team"
- Rafinha Alcântara: "I'm learning from my teammates and continuing to grow"