Happy holidays to everyone from the crew here at Barca Blaugranes; like everyone else we've been busy getting into the festive spirit. OK, we're not posting Instragram pictures of our holidays like some of the FC Barcelona squad, but in line with the season we've been thinking about what we might like the winter break to bring us; of course from a Barça perspective.
Last year, one might have been wishing for a better defense, and Andoni Zubizarreta eventually obliged, albeit in his usual half-assed manner by signing Thomas Vermaelen, Douglas and Jeremy Mathieu. How about titles? Again, FC Barcelona pulled through, unless of course you don't count the Catalan Supercup as a proper trophy. Or those weird unnamed trophies we picked up in pre-season. I'm sure someone somewhere was hoping for a successful new head coach to replace Tata Martino too, so we got Luis Enrique! Oh, sorry Lucho. I don't mean to be harsh, really.
Still, as you can see, most of our wishes came true, so it's time to get thinking: if the festive break could bring FC Barcelona one thing, what would that be? And why, because let's face it, the reasons are the most important part of this exercise.
What about me I hear you ask? Well, from my point of view there's only one thing that matters enough to me: FC Barcelona winning the next time I'm lucky enough to see them in the flesh. After all, there are only so many times I can cope with witnessing a dramatic turnaround against a Madrid-based team. Selfish? Unless you want Barça to crash out of the UEFA Champions League against Manchester City, I'm sure this will be your wish too...
So then folks, what's your Barça-related Xmas wish?
- Report: Court of Arbitration for Sport "Likely" to Uphold FC Barcelona Transfer Ban
- FC Barcelona News: 24 December 2014; Nine Called up for Catalan National Team, Barca to Host Open Training
- Xavi Slams Cristiano Ronaldo; Says Lionel Messi Should Win Ballon d'Or
- Report: Juventus FC set to make offer for Pedro Rodríguez and Martín Montoya
- FC Barcelona News: 23 December 2014; Barça Kickoff Times Undergo Change, Changes Also Made to Barcelona Executive Structure