A win, dedicated to Tito Vilanova. That's what we all want to see tonight. Forget the La Liga title, forget competition in general; we just want to see the team win, for Tito. The B team managed exactly that last night, defeating Las Palmas 2-0 to remain in third place in the Segunda Division; now it's the senior squad's time to dedicate a tough away victory to the memory of one of the greats.
In his single season in charge of the first team, Vilanova was all about just that -- winning. With 32 victories in a single La Liga campaign, Vilanova's Barca rarely stopped winning. Even without Tito on the touchline, the Blaugrana just kept on winning. Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla; the opposition were irrelevant, we just kept on winning and winning; by the end of the season, we'd amassed 100 points, a feat never before achieved in Spanish football. Indeed, it's a feat that has rarely, if ever, been achieved in any of the top leagues across Europe.
Whether he was taking charge in training, from the touchline, or from a facility in New York, Tito was always fighting for a win and while he may be gone, he is certainly not forgotten. Things may seem bleak, but that's no reason to give up. Let's fight -- for Tito.
- FC Barcelona News: 27 April 2014; Three Days of Mourning Announced, Barça B Dedicate Win to Tito Vilanova
- La Liga: Villarreal CF vs FC Barcelona: Match Preview
- FC Barcelona News: 26 April 2014; Players Pay Respect to Tito Vilanova, 18 in Squad to Face Villarreal
- Eternal Tito: A Tribute to Tito Vilanova
- La Liga Picks: Jornada 35