It all comes down to this. 90 minutes to decide the fate of two teams; FC Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are preparing to lock horns for the fifth time this season with a place in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals up for grabs. With Chelsea and Real Madrid already safely through to the final four, one might argue that this will prove to be a tougher test for either side than a potential semi-final. After all, Chelsea are not even the best team in England, and while they are tough to beat, they are effectively a worse version of Atletico Madrid anyway.
Real Madrid on the other hand are stacked with talent, but have had troubles against both Barça and Atletico this season -- explaining their third place position in La Liga. Bayern Munich would be another story, but the Bavarians aren't through just yet anyway.
The point is, a semi-final could be "winnable" for either team -- but they must first do battle with each other for the privilege of that final four spot.
The match is finely poised; a 1-1 draw at the Camp Nou taught us very little, but it has given Atletico Madrid a valuable away goal. A goalless draw tonight would seal Atleti's place in the final four. A score draw was at least force extra-time, and could even send the Blaugrana into their seventh successive semi-final. While we know what to expect on the field, who knows how that will translate onto the scoreboard?
Predict the score of tonight's UEFA Champions League meeting between FC Barcelona and Atletico Madrid by commenting with your prediction below. Remember, the community member with the most correct predictions at the season's end will win a special prize. Best of luck!
- UEFA Champions League: Atletico Madrid vs FC Barcelona: Full Match Coverage
- UEFA Champions League: Atletico Madrid vs FC Barcelona: Match Preview
- FC Barcelona News: 8 April 2014; 21 Players Travel to Madrid to Face Atletico, Andres Iniesta on Verge of Milestone
- UEFA Champions League: FC Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid: The Deadlock Continues
- FC Barcelona News: 7 April 2014; Howard Webb to Referee Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona Game, Barça B Victorious