It appears that the search for a quality backup GK for Marc-André Ter Stegen is over.
Reports coming out of Chile newspaper El Mercúrio claim that Claudio Bravo has told his teammates that Barcelona will indeed be his destination after the World Cup in Brazil. La Roja is already in Minas Gerais, Brazil, training for the team's debut against Australia next Friday.
Although Bravo has been cautious about not saying anything about the deal in public, it's a fact that his inner circle knows about the situation and is happy for him, according to the report. His wife, Carla Bravo, posted on her Facebook page: "Getting our bags ready, we're going to the beautiful Barcelona!!!". Very, veeeeeery cautious.
It's said that the deal is complete, that both Barça and Real Sociedad have agreed to the terms, and that Bravo will only wait the end of the Cup for Chile, so he can go sign his contract.
The deal is this: 12 million plus Jonathan dos Santos, who has also reportedly said yes about his part in the deal.
There you have it, folks. Ter Stegen (and his girlfriend, OF COURSE) and Claudio Bravo are the new Barça goalkeepers to replace Victor Valdés and José Pinto. Do you like it?
- FC Barcelona News: 8 June 2014; Lionel Messi Scores in Argentina Win, Javier Mascherano Signs New Contract
- Javier Mascherano and FC Barcelona sign four-year contract extension
- FC Barcelona Transfer Rumors: Is the Marquinhos Deal Over?
- FC Barcelona News: 7 June 2014; Robert Prosinecki Weighs In on Halilovic, Rakitic, Brazil Win Last Game Before World Cup
- Report: Juventus and Alexis Sánchez agree to Deal