We reported last week that Barcelona and Sevilla have reached an agreement and Ivan Rakitic is going to be a Blaugrana next season. As part of the deal, Barça would include one of its players to complete the transfer.
There were talks about Ibrahim Affelay and others, but according to a report from Mundo Deportivo, Barça B prospect Denis Suárez has been chosen to complete the transfer and he is going to join Sevilla next season, via loan.
The 20-year-old Suárez was bought from Manchester City last season, and signed a four-year contract. He was promised to join the big leagues after one year at Barça B, but he doesn't seem to be part of new manager Luis Enrique's plans. If the rumours are true, Suárez would develop with a bigger role in another club during next season, then return to Barça, just like young prospects Rafinha and Deulofeu did.
Suárez scored seven times in 36 appearances for Barça B this season, and has been considered as one of the next great young promises coming out of Barça's developmental territory.
Barça midfielder Sergi Roberto was Sevilla's primary request in this deal, but Luis Enrique has said that Sergi is part of his plans for next season, so he's staying.
What do you think, Barça fans? Is this the right move for Denis Suárez? Do you think he deserved playing time at the main squad next season?
- FC Barcelona's Lionel Messi in Argentina's World Cup Strategy
- FC Barcelona News: 9 June 2014; Luis Enrique Rushed to the Hospital after Suffering from Acute Appendicitis
- Report: Claudio Bravo to FC Barcelona a done deal
- FC Barcelona News: 8 June 2014; Lionel Messi Scores in Argentina Win, Javier Mascherano Signs New Contract
- Javier Mascherano and FC Barcelona sign four-year contract extension