The Uruguayan striker sings a five year deal with the Catalan club after Barça negotiated a deal worth €81 million with the English club. Despite Suárez having a €100 million release clause in his contract, Liverpool have accepted €81 million and Barcelona have used the money generated from Alexis Sánchez's move to Arsenal to fund the purchase.
Suárez will travel to Barcelona next week before being unveiled on Wednesday. However due to the ban placed on him by FIFA during the World Cup, he won't have the traditional unveiling inside the Camp Nou. He will, however, be unveiled at the Auditori 1899, an auditorium close to the Camp Nou.
Suárez will wear the number nine shirt, previously worn by Alexis.
- Luis Suárez signs for FC Barcelona
- FC Barcelona News: 11 July 2014; Barça Sell Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal FC, Naymar Rooting for Lionel Messi in Final
- Exclusive: Luis Suarez Deal To Be Announced Before Midday
- FC Barcelona Continues Search for Center-Backs
- FC Barcelona Look To The Future With The Sale Of Alexis Sanchez