Lionel Messi is again the poster boy for entertainment's best football video game.
EA Sports announced on Monday that the 27-year-old FC Barcelona superstar has been chosen once again to be the Global Cover Star for FIFA 15, the next installment of one of EA's biggest franchises. This is Messi's fourth appearance as a cover boy, as he was also in center stage for FIFA Street, FIFA 13 and FIFA 14. In the next couple of weeks, EA will also reveal which regional stars are going to share the cover with Leo.
Messi is fresh off being World Cup runner-up with Argentina, also winning the tournament's Golden Ball as the best player in Brazil, scoring four of the Albiceleste's eight goals and pretty much carrying the team on his back. Leo also had a great season for Barça, finishing as the second best goalscorer in La Liga only behind Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, despite missing two months of action with an injury.
FIFA 15 hits the stores on September 23 in the U.S., September 25 in Europe and September 26 in the rest of the world.
- Report: FC Barcelona Makes Offer to AS Monaco for James Rodríguez
- FC Barcelona News: 14 July 2014; Barça Preseason Begins with Medical Tests, Lionel Messi Wins Golden Ball
- FIFA World Cup: Lionel Messi Deservedly Wins the Golden Ball
- FIFA World Cup Final: Argentina vs. Germany Match Review
- FIFA World Cup: 13 July 2014: Live Thread