Bad news for Adriano Correia, and for Barça in general.
The Brazilian backup full-back will miss the next four to six weeks of training with the squad due to a heart problem, Barça announced today. During the pre-season medical testing at Barcelona's facilities, Adriano was diagnosed with abnormal hearth rythm, that will likely take him out of action for the remainder of the club's preparation for next season.
Adriano has undergone an electrophysiological study for treatment, and will now go through strict, specific physical training, until the problem has completely disappeared. Barça's medical staff believe it is not a serious issue, but they're taking steps to take care of it the best way possible, having the player's health coming first.
The news will probably cool down the transfer rumours surrounding Adriano. Much like Victor Valdés' case, this injury will make other teams think twice before reaching out for negotiations. Barça new manager Luis Enrique has also stated very clearly that he counts on Adri for the future, and he is not likely to move any time soon.
We wish Adriano a speedy recovery. We want to see more #AdriGolazos again.
- Video: Luis Enrique and Andoni Zubizarreta Press Conference
- Official: Cristian Tello to Join FC Porto On Loan
- FC Barcelona News: 16 July 2014; 2014-15 Away Kit Presented, Cristian Tello Travels to Portugal to Join Porto
- Dani Alves, on Staying at FC Barcelona: "I guess so"
- FC Barcelona News: 15 July 2014; Luis Suarez Travels to Barcelona, Luis Enrique Takes Charge of First Training Session