We are finally closing in on FC Barcelona's first game of the new season. And the squad has already been named.
New club manager Luis Enrique has selected 23 players to form the team that's going to take on Recreativo Huelva for the Trofeo Colombino. That's the 50th anniversary of the friendly, and Lucho has selected a mixed squad, featuring plenty of players from Barça B who have been training with the senior team in the last few days.
Rafinha, with a foot contusion, and Adriano, with a heart issue, will not play on Saturday. Bojan Krkic, who has been linked with all sorts of transfer rumours, is also out of the match.
The full squad has 7 players from the first team and 16 Barça B youngsters. They are:
Ter Stegen, Jordi Masip, Montoya, Bartra, Sergi Roberto, Deulofeu, Afellay, Patric, Bagnack, Edgar Ié, Lucas, Grimaldo, Samper, Diagne, Halilovic, Babunski, Munir, Sandro, Dani Nieto, Juan Román, Dongou and Adama Traoré.
The team will travel to Andalusia on Saturday morning, leaving Barcelona and landing in Seville a couple of hours later. From there, they make a quick trip to Huelva, where they'll rest until the match begins. They'll face Recreativo at 8:45 PM CET.
- Would a 4-3-1-2 Formation work for Barcelona?
- FC Barcelona News: 18 July 2014; Training Continues as First Preseason Game Approaches, Jeremy Mathieu Pushes for Move
- Jeremy Mathieu Officially Asks for FC Barcelona Transfer
- Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez Selected for UEFA's Top 10 Players
- FC Barcelona, Second Most Valuable Team in the World