The Marquinhos Saga is never, ever, ending. Now, there's another chapter to this novel.
According to Spanish radio Cadena SER, FC Barcelona has made a €40 million offer to Paris Saint-Germain for the signing of 20-year-old defender Marquinhos, who has been linked with a move to Camp Nou for quite a while now. On Wednesday afternoon, after the confirmation of a deal with Jeremy Mathieu, there were reports about that being the final transfer effort made by Barça. Now, it seems like the team still wants to add another quality center-back, and the young Brazilian is indeed a target.
One thing that could facilitate the transfer is PSG's penalties for not respecting UEFA's Financial Fair Play. Still, they reportedly reached a deal with Real Madrid star Ángel Di María. Selling Marquinhos to Barça would help the French club complete the move with Madrid while not going against the rules again, which would result in more severe punishment.
Again, this is all speculation, but given the strong rumors about this transfer, the Blaugrana might actually go after Marquinhos in the end.
- FC Barcelona 2014/15 Depth Chart
- Official: FC Barcelona and Valencia CF Agree to Deal for Jeremy Mathieu
- FC Barcelona News: 23 July 2014; Barça Finally Land Jeremy Mathieu, Bojan Krkic Joins Stoke City
- Report: Lionel Messi Asked Cesc Fàbregas about Arsenal FC Move
- Xavi Does Not Move to MLS, Stays in Barcelona