One more CB on the way to Barcelona, allegedly. Here we go.
According to a report from Diario Sport, FC Barcelona and Liverpool FC center-back Daniel Agger are close to reaching a transfer deal, that could become official in the next couple of days. The 29-year-old Danish defender is a long-time starter for the Reds, and his signing would be the alternative to Cuadrado and Marquinhos, that have become too expensive for the Blaugrana.
Also according to the rumor, Barça would pay Liverpool a fee of €15 million, and Agger would sign a five-year contract with Barcelona. An official announcement could happen as soon as Thursday. Sport claims that the talks have advanced a lot over the weekend.
Liverpool have announced the signing of another center-back, former Southampton Dejan Lovren, on Sunday. Could this be a sign of Agger's departure?
- Tax Evasion Case Against FC Barcelona's Lionel Messi Continues
- FC Barcelona News: 28 July 2014; Barcelona Travel to Training Camp in England, Jan Vertonghen not Joining Barça
- Report: Atlético Madrid's João Miranda Contacts FC Barcelona Regarding Transfer
- Forget Mats Hummels and Marquinhos, FC Barcelona Should Target Gary Medel
- Is Neymar Jr.'s Status as a Starter in Jeopardy?