One of Barcelona's best players from last season, Alexis Sánchez is indeed leaving to Premier League's Arsenal, sources told Barça Blaugranes on Sunday.
Alexis has been linked with a move for quite some time, especially after his value increased dramatically with his performance both for Barça and Chile during the World Cup. Juventus, Liverpool and Arsenal were the strongest candidates to land the 25-year-old striker. But it was the Gunners who won the race.
The Liverpool rumours got stronger because of Barça's negotiations with Luis Suárez, but there was never real indication that the talks between the Reds and Sánchez were evolving. Meanwhile, Arsenal made a good offer and all parts reached an agreement fast.
Alexis will leave Barça for a £32 million fee, and will sign a four-year contract with the London side, sources say. Arsenal is a personal favorite landing spot for the Chile international, and the deal may be finalized in the next 48 hours, as soon as the clubs contact Alexis to confirm his agreement.
Arsenal expects to formally announce the deal within the next five days.
- FC Barcelona News: 6 July 2014; Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano Progress to Semi-Final, Neymar Continues Recovery at Home
- Eric Abidal Agrees to Contract Extension with AS Monaco; Signs with Olympiacos
- FIFA World Cup: Gonzalo Higuain Strikes as Argentina Defeat Belgium
- FIFA World Cup: 5 July 2014: Live Thread
- FIFA World Cup: Argentina vs. Belgium Match Preview