Luis Enrique will be hoping to continue preseason with a second consecutive friendly win as FC Barcelona prepare to square off against OGC Nice at the Allianz Riviera. Certainly, the odds are stacked in Barça's favour with the return of the majority of the squad's World Cup stars coupled with Nice's abysmal preseason record, but this is still a friendly and as such, anything can happen. Few for example would have expected Recreativo de Huelva to nearly shut out even a weakened Blaugrana side just two weeks ago, as Recre only lost by a solitary goal.
Even if Nice are struggling and are one of the main candidates for the drop from Ligue Un this season, they will at least have more match practice, and therefore may be better conditioned for the demands of this game than their illustrious opponents. And really, is the result the important thing for Barcelona tonight? All I want to see are a few of the new signings, perhaps some progress on a tactical front and if the result follows, then great. If it doesn't, then what does it matter?
I've said it before, but I will say it again: Rome was not built in a day. Pep Guardiola did not start his reign with a victory; so it does pay to wait and not make snap decisions in this game, and especially with this team.
Predict the score of tonight's friendly match between FC Barcelona and OGC Nice by commenting with your prediction below. Best of luck!
- Preseason Friendly: FC Barcelona vs OGC Nice: Full Match Coverage
- FC Barcelona News: 2 August 2014; Josep Maria Bartomeu Hints at More Moves, Training Camp in England Ends
- Video: Jordi Alba and Rafinha Alcântara Practice Penalty-Kicks with Big Balls
- Preseason Friendly: FC Barcelona vs OGC Nice: Match Preview
- FC Barcelona Squad Named for Second Friendly of Season