The least exciting transfer news of the window for Barça fans seem to be coming to fruition. FC Barcelona officials, including the team's director, Raul Sanllehí, have already traveled to Brazil. They'll join agent André Cury to meet with São Paulo FC officials and complete the signing of 24-year-old right-back Douglas.
According to a report from Mundo Deportivo, both clubs have already agreed to a deal, and now they'll sort out the details. The operation will cost a total of €7,5 million to the Blaugrana, including bonus and incentives. São Paulo will get 60% of the ammount, with the other 40% going to Traffic, the agency that shares Douglas' rights with the Brazilian club.
To clarify things to some of you, the transfer window in Brazil has indeed closed on August 15, but that applies only to Brazilian teams that want to buy players from overseas. European clubs still have a week to purchase anyone. The only thing that can't happen is Barça buying Douglas and then loaning him back to São Paulo. Since the domestic window has closed, São Paulo can't complete the operation.
That's why Barça is considering a loan to another European club, most likely in La Liga. After one season, Douglas would come back and be a part of the club, in light of the possible departure of Dani Alves next year. There's also the possibility of integrating him immediately and then use him at Barça B and smaller Liga and Copa del Rey games.
But, most likely, Douglas will be a Blaugrana and the deal could be announced by tomorrow morning.
- Lionel Messi Scores First FC Barcelona Goal of the Season - Sign of Glory?
- FC Barcelona News: 25 August 2014; Barça Earn Opening Round Win Against Elche, Josep Maria Bartomeu Admits Irregularities
- This Week In Barça starring Xoel Càrdenas: Week of August 25, 2014
- The Renato Guy Daily - August 25, 2014
- Video: FC Barcelona vs Elche CF Match Highlights