According to multiple reports from Spain, it is Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus. All the sources of all websites reporting on this story say that the 25-year-old is the main option. Basically, it is "Reus or bust" when it comes to Barça's last signing of the season.
Since Borussia wants to raise the player's buyout clause to €70 million next season, this is the biggest chance for teams to purchase him for the current ammount, of €35 million. Since Barcelona is the frontrunner to sign him and no other club has expressed as big of an interest as the Blaugrana, it is possible that Dortmund and Barça could agree on a deal by the end of the week.
Barça coach Luis Enrique has made clear that he's satisfied with the current roster, so Barça would buy Reus, loan him back to Borussia for one more season and then have him as part of the squad next summer. Again, this is all speculation at this point, but it's undeniable that the Catalans want the player, and Dortmund will not make it impossible for a deal to happen.
The alternatives remain Atlético Madrid's Koke and Fiorentina's Juan Cuadrado, but signing one of them is really unlikely right now. The fact is that Reus is the guy, and Barça will make every effort possible to turn him into a Blaugrana.
- La Liga: FC Barcelona 3-0 Elche CF: Player Ratings
- FC Barcelona 3-0 Elche CF: Tactical Review
- Report: FC Barcelona Officials in Brazil to Complete Douglas Signing
- Lionel Messi Scores First FC Barcelona Goal of the Season - Sign of Glory?
- FC Barcelona News: 25 August 2014; Barça Earn Opening Round Win Against Elche, Josep Maria Bartomeu Admits Irregularities