Not that we didn't know that before, but Juan Cuadrado is officially going nowhere.
With one day left on the European Fiorentina, but the 26-year-old himself took care of announcing he's not moving out of the Fiore., there was still a little chance that the Colombia international could leave
He did that Saturday afternoon, on Twitter:
Rimango con grande entusiasmo con la certezza di portare la Fiore insieme ai mie compagni sempre piu… http://t.co/nc8ojlAr9m
— Juan Cuadrado (@Cuadrado) August 30, 2014
"I'm happy to announce I'm staying, and I'm sure me and my teammates can lead the Fiore to more and more glory..."
We reported last week that Barcelona had already discarded signing Cuadrado. Both Juan and Fiorentina asked too much money, and he wasn't willing to play as a right-back at Barça, as Luis Enrique had planned. Even Manchester United, considered gigantic favorites to land the player, decided to go in another direction and signed Ángel Di María.
He's now staying in Italy, and he seems to be happy.
- FC Barcelona News: 31 August 2014; Barça Players Arrive in Villarreal, Alex Song Loaned to West Ham
- La Liga: Villarreal CF vs FC Barcelona: Predict the Score
- La Liga: Villarreal CF vs FC Barcelona: Full Match Coverage
- Video: FC Barcelona B vs CE Sabadell Match Highlights
- La Liga: Villarreal CF vs FC Barcelona: Match Preview