FC Barcelona's third friendly of the season is right around the corner. SSC Napoli presents the biggest challenge of the preseason for Barça, and it will be a good test for Luis Enrique's squad. And the coach has already selected which guys are going with him to Italy.
The Blaugrana will miss three players from the match against Nice on Saturday. Xavi Hernández has a minor calf injury. Barça B's Patric has the same problem. Jeremy Mathieu landed in Barcelona and tests revealed a minor hamstring contusion. He is actually available to play, but Lucho decided to rest him and let him rehab at the club's facilities.
Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano, Neymar and Dani Alves, the four latest internationals to join the squad, are also out of the match. Neymar is obviously still injured. The other three will stay at home doing physical work.
The 22 men selected by Lucho are:
Ter Stegen, Claudio Bravo, Jordi Masip, Montoya, Jordi Alba, Marc Bartra, Piqué, Sergio Busquets, Andrés Iniesta, Sergi Roberto, Ivan Rakitic, Rafinha Alcântara, Deulofeu, Pedro, Edgar Ié, Grimaldo, Samper, Halilovic, Adama, Munir, Bagnack and Sandro.
Barcelona will travel to Naples on Wednesday morning, and they take on the hosts at 20:00 CET.
- FC Barcelona News: 5 August 2014; Xavi Retires from International Football, Last Four Players Return from Summer Vacation
- Pep Guardiola Denies FC Barcelona and Jerome Boateng Deal
- Rafinha Alcântara to Wear Number 12 Jersey at FC Barcelona
- FIFA to Maintain Luis Suárez National Team Suspension
- Report: FC Barcelona Line Up Audacious Bid For Bayern Munich Star