Ibrahim Afellay is on his out of Barcelona. And it looks like he'll find a landing spot.
According to multiple reports coming from Turkey, and from Diario Sport, the 28-year-old is a target of Besiktas JK, one of the country's powerhouse. They're currently playing the UEFA Champions League Group Stage Playoffs, against Feyenoord. They want to strengthen the squad if they get past the Dutch, and 'Ibi' is their main priority. Besiktas is the only club that matched Barça's asking fee, and that attracted the Catalans.
Afellay never became what it was expected of him when the Blaugrana bought him. He was purchased as a talented and hard-working winger, with the ability of scoring goals and using his speed to blow by defenders. But a scary injury record, which included an ACL tear that took him out of an entire season, made him a liability on Barça's squad.
This season, there were rumors about Ibi staying, but he's not. There are offers from Italy and Germany, but maybe his destination will be Turkey.
- Doctor: Neymar 'Likely' to Play in FC Barcelona La Liga Debut
- Preseason Friendly: FC Barcelona vs SSC Napoli: Match Preview
- Report: Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets Named FC Barcelona Co-Captains
- FC Barcelona Grades: Jordi Alba, Dani Alves, Martin Montoya, Adriano Correia
- Video: Xavi Hernández Press Conference