It wasn't only the senior team that lost in its latest friendly at the preseason.
Barça B suffered a tough 1-0 loss to Olot, from Spain's Third Division. Curiously enough, the same result happened exactly one year ago, when Olot was still at the Fourth Division. The Young Culés missed the six starters that traveled with the first team to Finland (Edgar Ié, Grimaldo, Samper, Halilovic, Munir and Sandro), along with seven other injured players, and had a bad performance.
The team played with the terrible red/yellow kit from last season, that's probably the reason why they lost. Rojas scored for Olot after a corner-kick, because, you know, it's Barcelona playing here. In the second half, Adama Traoré, the team's best player, entered and raised hell on the field, with his crazy runs through the defense and dangerous shots to the goal. Barça created a lot of chances, but Olot's defense did a good enough job to avoid the Little Blaugranes goal.
Barça's Bagnack ended up being sent off after complaining to the referee, and the final result got coach Eusebio Sacristán a little mad.
Our youngsters will now head back home to play one more friendly at Barcelona's facilities, against Lleida.
- Sergio Busquets: 'I need to be myself to be a good captain'
- Martín Montoya: 'Luis Enrique is the ideal coach'
- Pre-Season Friendly: FC Barcelona vs HJK Helsinki: Match Preview
- FC Barcelona Grades: Sergio Busquets, Alex Song, Xavi Hernandez, Jonathan Dos Santos
- FC Barcelona Squad Named for Fourth Season Friendly