It's official: we're witnessing the last year of Dani Alves' historical Blaugrana career.
In a press conference o Tuesday to announce Barcelona's transfer window review, Barça sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta, talked about many things, including his agreement with Alves to have him back for this season. However, he confirmed that the Brazilian will leave the club once his contract is up, in the summer of 2015.
"We are delighted to have him here with us and with the way he is performing … I insist that both parties have agreed that his current contract will expire in 2015. It doesn’t include any extension clause".
While it seems strange for some that Zubi is announcing Alves' departure, many believe that the director's intention was to make clear that Alves has no extension clause. It was reported that if Dani played a certain ammount of games this season, an extension clause in his contract would be immediately activated for the 2015/16 campaign.
But, according to Zubi, there's none of that. Alves is indeed leaving after this season, so let's appreciate the closing moments of an amazing career as a Blaugrana.
- FC Barcelona Injury Report: Marc-André Ter Stegen Given Green Light, Jordí Masip Out 4 Weeks
- Report: FC Barcelona Made Offer for Inter Milan Croatian Star
- FC Barcelona News: 2 September 2014; Dani Alves to Leave Barça After this Season, Andres Iniesta to Miss Spain Matches
- Villarreal CF 0-1 FC Barcelona: Tactical Review
- The Renato Guy Daily - September 2, 2014 - Off-Topic Thread: Shut your window!