Adama Traoré is one of Barcelona B's most promising young players. And he was very close to leaving the team this summer.
According to multiple reports from Spain, Manchester United tried to sign Adama "until the last minute", as a source told Barça Blaugranes. Louis Van Gaal and the English side believed that his style and physical strength would make him adapt to the Premier League pretty quickly.
The deal never came to fruition, and the transfer window is closed until January. Adama is also not expected to leave then, as Barça believe that the 18-year-old is part of their future. In fact, Traoré and his agent had a meeting with first team coach Luis Enrique and sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta to understand from the bosses what their plans were. Both Enrique and Zubi reportedly assured Adama that he would get a chance to play in the first team soon, if he develops at Barça B.
But there's no signs that United will stop the pursuit for Adama. They want him badly, and Van Gaal could make a move for him in January. Barça officials are aware of that, and they plan to include Traoré's name in the list of B-team youngsters that will get new contracts with higher buyout clauses, along with Munir El-Haddadi and Sandro Ramírez.
- Poll: How was FC Barcelona's Transfer Market Performance?
- This Week in Barça starring Xoel Càrdenas: Week of September 2, 2014
- Report: Fredy Guarín Offered by Agents to FC Barcelona
- Andoni Zubizarreta: 'Dani Alves' contract expires next summer'
- FC Barcelona Injury Report: Marc-André Ter Stegen Given Green Light, Jordí Masip Out 4 Weeks