clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

FC Barcelona News: 14 January 2015; Six Youngsters Join First Team in Training, Andre Onana Leaves for Ajax

New, comments
Valerio Pennicino/Getty Images

Preparing the second leg against Elche | FC Barcelona
Barça trained this Wednesday at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper in preparation for the return leg of their Spanish Cup tie against Elche which will take place on Thursday at 10.00pm (CET). The blaugranes have a 5-0 advantage from the first leg at Camp Nou.

FC Barcelona back at work | FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona were back at training today after having Monday off. The venue was pitch one at the Ciutat Esportiva and they were joined by Munir, Halilovic and Adama of Barça B. Xavi Hernández and Neymar Jr worked out alone, while Thomas Vermaelen is still out with an injury.

Sergio Busquets boosted by Atlético win | FC Barcelona
Sergio Busquets told his Tuesday press conference that "beating Atlético was a very positive boost for the team. It wasn’t just the win but also the way we achieved it. It will do us the world of good, but unless we carry on winning then it will all have been for nothing."

Luis Suárez's FC Barcelona-Atlético | FC Barcelona
Against Atlético Luis Suárez scored his fifth goal as a Barça player in Sunday's game at Camp Nou. In his two minute video you can witness the Uruguayan's arrival at the stadium, his warm-um, his post-game appearance before the press and much more.

Lionel Messi not the type to 'mess' with Barcelona - Eric Abidal - ESPN FC
"He already said it himself: he is at Barca at the moment, tomorrow you never know,"he said. "Sport is like that. But yes, I believe that Leo will end his career at Barcelona, and I hope he stays here. Barca is his home, and he has shown that with all he does on the pitch."

Official: Onana leaves Barcelona for Ajax - Goal.com
Ajax have confirmed the capture of Cameroonian goalkeeper Andre Onana from Barcelona with immediate effect. The 18-year-old had already agreed to join the Eredivisie side at the end of the season, but a deal has now been struck to allow the youngster to immediately make the switch from Camp Nou to the Amsterdam Arena.

14 January 1979: Five goals for Hansi Krankl | FC Barcelona
The Austrian striker had one of his best days in a Barça shirt on this day 36 years ago in game between the blaugranes and Rayo Vallecano at Camp Nou. The goalscorer scored a first half hat-trick and added another two goals in the second half. Neeskens provided two more strikes with Asensi and Carrasco rounding off the win that saw Barça score nine goals in a single game for the first time in 25 years.

Bakero offered Zubi role | Football Espana
Former Barcelona player Jose Mari Bakero has been offered the chance to replace Andoni Zubizarreta as the club’s sporting director. According to AS, the 51-year-old, captain of Johan Cruyffs ‘Dream Team’ during the Dutchman’s time in charge, has been contacted by club President Josep Maria Bartomeu and offered the role.

FIFA reaffirm Barca ban | Football Espana
The general manger of FIFA’s Transfer Matching System has confirmed its stance on Barcelona’s ban on signing players in the next two transfer windows. The Catalans received the sanction due to irregularities in the way they signed young footballers from outside Spain, but Mark Goddard reiterated that the rules were the same for all clubs.

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2015 contenders: We look at whether anyone is capable of dethroning Cristiano Ronaldo | Football News | Sky Sports
The Barcelona star is considered favourite as he looks to deny his great rival a hat-trick of successive titles. Regaining the award would go a long way to strengthening his case for being considered the greatest player of all time. The 27-year-old was effectively named the game’s best player four successive times from 2009 to 2012, having won both the FIFA World Player of the Year and the Ballon d’Or awards before they were combined for the current title.

Ballon war! Simeone, Diego Costa and Atletico Madrid deserve Real Madrid recognition - Goal.com
Diego Godin, Miranda and Filipe Luis were all ignored when FIFA and France Football drew up their long list, despite forming the best club defense in Europe last season. The omission of Godin, in particular, is inexplicable after he eliminated Italy at the World Cup, scored the goal that won La Liga, and also struck in the Champions League final. Midfield masters Arda Turan and Koke were also overlooked.

Aston Villa complete signing of Spain U21 midfielder Carles Gil from Valencia | Sky Sports
Gil, 22, who can play on either flank or behind the strikers, has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Villa Park. The move had hit a late snag over agents' fees on Tuesday but Villa confirmed their first January capture by late afternoon. Gil is a product of the youth system at Valencia, his home city, and made his senior debut for their B team in 2009 as a 17-year-old.

Copa del Rey: Espanyol and Malaga progress to quarter-finals | Sky Sports
Trailing 2-1 after the first leg to seven-times winners Los Che, who on Monday rewarded coach Nuno with a three-year contract extension, the second leg in Barcelona was one-way traffic. Ecuador striker Caicedo hit the net after 79 and 89 minutes to make it six goals for the season as the hosts edged to victory at the Estadi Cornella-El Prat.