The crisis is over! Yaaaaaaaaaay! So let's forget about the crazy days we lived last year and move on, shall we? Barcelona will face Elche in the second leg of their Round of 16 Copa del Rey bout. Following a pretty comfortable 5-0 win at Camp Nou a week ago, the Blaugrana are pretty much qualified to the quarterfinals, and they'll just play the game for the fun of playing it.
For Thursday, Luis Enrique will have to deal with a few problems. Although they're not officially out, Xavi and Neymar Jr. are likely to miss the match due to injuries. They should be ready for Sunday's La Liga match at Deportivo La Coruña, but they'll most certainly sit out against Elche. Team starters like Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez, Gerard Piqué, Javier Mascherano and others will also probably watch the game from the stands. It could also be an opportunity for Barça B youngsters to perform, with Sergi Samper, Munir El-Haddadi and Sandro Ramírez being the favorites to get a shot at the squad tomorrow.
So how about playing Lucho and deciding who plays and who doesn't? It's easy: please fill out the attached form below and name the eleven players you want to see starting, as well as the seven bench guys. You can also use the comment section below and state why you chose a specific 18-man lineup, so we can all have a nice discussion. Have fun!
- Grading the Zubi Era: Barcelona Under Andoni Zubizarreta
- FC Barcelona News: 14 January 2015; Six Youngsters Join First Team in Training, Andre Onana Leaves for Ajax
- Neymar - Part 2: The Skinny Kid Who Grew To Greatness From The Streets To FC Barcelona
- La Liga: FC Barcelona 3-1 Atletico Madrid: Player Ratings
- FC Barcelona Injury Report: Xavi, Neymar Jr. Miss Practice