Good news from the Monday training session at Barcelona's facilities: Ivan Rakitic is set to return.
After missing the La Liga match against Elche due to a knee discomfort, the Croatian trained with no problems and he is now fully recovered and ready to play against Atlético Madrid on Wednesday. It is now up to coach Luis Enrique to decide whether or not Rakitic will be featured in the starting lineup.
Since joining Barça, Rakitic has had an interesting ride. His start to the season was sensational, and he became a fan favorite right away. However, he struggled badly for a few matches before bouncing back and playing great football in the month of January. This irregular set of performances is a little worrying, but it's understandable because of the pressure of having to perform great every night. He looks more comfortable on the pitch now, and his play should become more consistent.
He played an important role in both wins against Atlético Madrid, and he'll once again be fundamental in tomorrow's game. Hopefully his knee doesn't bother him anymore, and we can get the best Rakitic on the most important game of the season so far.
- Neymar: "This is my best moment at Barça"
- FC Barcelona News: 26 January 2015; Jeremy Mathieu Return to Training, Juan Román Riquelme Retires
- Bayern Munich Executive: "We will never sign Messi because Barcelona will never sell"
- Getting to Know: Marc-André ter Stegen
- FC Barcelona News: 25 January 2015; Barça Earn High Win Against Elche, Xavi Celebrates Birthday