clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

FC Barcelona News: 13 October 2015: Neymar Reveals His Pick For Ballon d'Or, Wants To Stay "For Life"

New, comments
Alex Caparros/Getty Images

Of course I want new Barcelona deal - Neymar | FourFourTwo
Barcelona
forward Neymar has said there is no question he wants to agree a new contract with the Liga champions. The club's technical secretary Robert Fernandez told Catalunya Radio last week that talks over a new deal were progressing well, adding his confidence that Neymar would stay at Camp Nou "for life".

Neymar on Lionel Messi and the Ballon d'Or - Goal.com
The 2015 Ballon d'Or has already been "reserved" for
Lionel Messi, according to Barcelona team-mate Neymar. "Leo is the favourite. This year, the Ballon d'Or is reserved for Messi, the best player in the world has already been named. For everything he's done, Leo deserves it," Neymar told Mundo Deportivo. "I hope to grow playing alongside Messi. He's the best and an idol for me. And if I learn a lot then maybe one day I can win. Of course I want to be in the top three, that would be great for me."

Ter Stegen back training with the squad | FC Barcelona

Luis Enrique is gradually recovering his players ahead of Saturday’s return to Liga action at the Camp Nou (8.30pm CET) against Rayo Vallecano. For the second training session of the week, on Tuesday morning, he welcomed back goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen, who is back from duty with the German national team, although he played no part in the games against Ireland and Georgia.

Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets feature as Spain defeat Ukraine | FC Barcelona
On Monday evening, Spain won 1-0 in Ukraine thanks to a solitary goal from
Villarreal full-back Mario Gaspar. Spain manager Vicente Del Bosque rested a number of his leading players in ultimately meaningless game, with Spain already safely through to the finals in France. This meant that there were no FC Barcelona players in the starting eleven.

Barcelona spending cap may limit transfers reports say
Although Barcelona will see their transfer ban lifted in January, the club may struggle to sign new players under UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) rules as well as under La Liga's own spending cap, media reports in Spain say. Barcelona will be eligible to register Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal on Jan. 4 but coach Luis Enrique, who has not been able to sign players over the past two transfer windows, may be limited by new La Liga wage caps for all clubs agreed upon on Sept. 24 that limit Blaugrana spending at €421 million euros, of which the club has already spent €419m, according to AS.com.

How Vicente Del Bosque looked past Barcelona and Madrid to change Spain - Euro 2016 Qualifying 2016 - Football - Eurosport British
Roughly a decade ago, when Luis Aragones took charge of international football’s perennial underachievers, Spain found itself on the brink of an imperial period - led by its two biggest clubs. At Barcelona and
Real Madrid, homegrown cores sustained unprecedented success - both domestically and on the continent. Such achievement coincided with Spain’s rise to the top of the international game - although there was no coincidence about it. But when his successor Del Bosque looked to evolve that team after last summer’s debacle at the World Cup, he couldn’t reap the same resources. The Spanish national team is no longer a Harlem Globetrotters-esque Barcelona and Real Madrid collective. They’re far more cosmopolitan than that now.