The Marco Reus Barcelona Era has come to an end even before it had a chance to start.
On Tuesday, it was announced that the 25-year-old German star has signed a four-year extension with his current club, Borussia Dortmund, killing all the chances (if they ever existed) of Reus joining the Blaugrana.
#reus2019 pic.twitter.com/GdDPJCjh7p— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) February 10, 2015
After about six thousand rumors of a possible transfer that linked Reus to about 800 teams, they're all dead. One of the strongest rumors involved Barcelona, mainly because Reus has always shown his admiration for the Catalan club. The arrival of goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen at Barça only served to feed the speculations, since Stegen and Reus are great friends, and the GK could become a key to a future transaction, according to reports.
But now, with the official renewal with Dortmund, Reus shuts the door on any possibilities of moving away from Germany. Chill out, Barça fans who wanted him. He's not coming.
- FC Barcelona News: 10 February 2015; El Clasico Kickoff Time Announced, Eusebio Fired as Barcelona B Coach
- Report: Barcelona and FC Porto in Advanced Talks for Brazilian Defender
- FC Barcelona News: 9 February 2015; Barça Closes Gap to a Single Point, Celebrate Away Wins Milestone
- Messi Leads Barcelona to 5-2 win, closes in on Real Madrid
- The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly... tonight at San Mamés