One of the most outstanding performers in Barcelona's blowout win over Levante on Sunday was Marc Bartra. The center-back was stellar on defense, and his anticipation skills on offense were the key for him to set up Lionel Messi for a goal. If you're surprised with his performance, you should know one thing: Bartra is always ready.
After the match, he was one of the Barça players who talked to the media, and his interview highlighted his own effort, the importance of this win, the eleven-game win streak, being ready when Luis Enrique calls his name, and more. Here's a few highlights of his answers:
"This big win is a result of the hard work we do in training. We are feeling fit and are all playing a part in this good run. The most important thing is that we maintain the same level when us less regular players get a game. Or to even improve the level if we can.
"If the boss needs me, then I’m always ready to answer his call. I need to be ready to help out at any time.
"When teams come to the Camp Nou we need to suffocate them, put pressure on them and not let them out of their half.
"I set up Messi’s goal today, but he did the most difficult bit."
Bartra was sensational yesterday, and it wouldn't be a surprise if he becomes the full-time partner of Gerard Piqué at the end of the season. This kid is simply amazing.
- Barcelona Injury Report: Thomas Vermaelen Ahead of Rehabilitation Schedule
- FC Barcelona News: 16 February 2015; Lionel Messi Sets New Milestones as Barcelona Rout Levante
- Direct football or our possession game? Or is there room for both?
- The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly... tonight at the Camp Nou
- La Liga: Observations from Barcelona vs Levante