Barcelona is banned from bringing in new players due to the ban imposed by FIFA because of irregularities on the signing of U-18 players, but that doesn't mean they can't chase potential targets until the ban is over.
FIFA confirmed to Sky Sports that they have no problem with the Blaugrana looking for and even signing new players, as long as they don't register them until January 2016. That means Barça is free to negotiate with whoever they want, agree on a deal with them and lock the players as their property throughout 2015 until they're able to register them.
FIFA say, although it would go against the spirit of the ruling, there is nothing to stop the Catalans from talking to potential targets or clubs - or even purchasing players - this summer as long as those new recruits are not registered before January 2016.
Source: Sky Sports
Good news: Barça can really go after everybody they choose, and they also can get a deal done, and the players have basically to wait six months to join the club.
Bad news: GET READY FOR THE RUMOR MILL.
- Barcelona 5-0 Levante: Tactical Review
- Luis Enrique: 'The players know how hard it is to win titles"
- Marc Bartra: 'I'm always ready to answer Lucho's call'
- Barcelona Injury Report: Thomas Vermaelen Ahead of Rehabilitation Schedule
- FC Barcelona News: 16 February 2015; Lionel Messi Sets New Milestones as Barcelona Rout Levante