There must be something about the Champions League as Luis Suarez has now scored in three consecutive UCL matches. He showed his true killer instincts in front of goal today, arguably for the first time since he joined Barcelona in the summer. Suarez didn't need to make many touches for either of the goals. In fact, a single touch was enough on both occasions.
For the first goal he has to thank Vincent Kompany for a terrible clearance that left the ball in a perfect spot for the Uruguay international. Suarez didn't need a second invitation, calmly slotting the ball into the far corner of Joe Hart's net.
For the second goal he showed good mobility inside the penalty area and an excellent sense of timing. Constantly trying to get open for Alba to send the ball to him, the two timed the play to perfection, with Suarez arriving, to the millisecond on time, at the right spot to tip the ball into the back of the net with the help of the post. With the goal Suarez, somewhat shockingly, became the first Barcelona player ever to score a brace in 30 minutes of an away Champions League game.
Suarez seems to finding his scoring touch once again, and that's only good news for FC Barcelona fans.
- UEFA Champions League: Manchester City vs FC Barcelona: Live Game Thread
- In Preparation for the Manchester City Clash, Let's Watch Lionel Messi's Best Champions League Goals
- FC Barcelona News: 24 February 2015; Barcelona Eliminated from UEFA Youth League, First Team Trains in Manchester
- UEFA Champions League: FC Barcelona vs Manchester City: Predict the Score
- UEFA Champions League: Manchester City vs FC Barcelona: Full Match Coverage